The long wait for a permanent solution is now available!
Finally approved by the TGA, Australian’s can finally benefit from this revolutionary treatment for excessive underarm sweating.
Dr Davin Lim has undertaken miraDry training in Singapore as of April 2014, and Sweat Free Brisbane will be Australia’s very first clinic to offer this treatment to patients. Treatments are starting immediately!
Excessive underarm sweating, or axillary hyperhidrosis is very common, and affects up to 4% of the population. For patients who suffer from this condition, a long-term solution is the Holy Grail.
Treatments include aluminium-based antiperspirants for mild cases of excessive underarm sweating, and injections for more severe unresponsive cases. Dr Lim states that "the use of anti-sweating injections are extremely effective in the majority of cases, however many patients want a permanent solution for excessive underarm sweating. miraDry is the answer."
This is Dr Lim’s personal opinion on who is a suitable candidate for miraDry -
- First try sweat reduction injections. Accredited specialists usually perform this procedure for an out of pocket fee of $420, as this is subsidised by both Medicare and the PBS. Patients are entitled to 3 treatments per year, dermal filler injections spaced 4 months apart. NOTE- GPs and Cosmetic doctors can perform this procedure, but you do not get anything back from Medicare.
- If you respond exceptionally well to sweat reduction injections (say a reduction of 80+% sweating for a period of 6-12 months), sweat reduction injections are possibly the most cost effective option.
- If you are exceptionally lucky, dernal fillers lasts up to 12+ months, if so, stick with this treatment as the price of miraDry may drop over the next few years.
- If sweat reduction injections only last 3 months, and you require 3 sessions per year, consider miraDry, as at the 3 year mark you would have saved up for all your injections. Remember- miraDry is permanent, whilst dermal fillers are temporary.
- My opinion is to try sweat reduction injections under a Medicare Specialist before considering miraDry, however the choice is yours- temporary, or permanent.
- For more information on miraDry and excessive axillary sweating, visit miradry.com.au
- Take advantage of the winter special savings with nearly $500 off treatments